Project Manager - Supply Chain
- Date: 08-31-2018
- Job ID: 1872915
- Current Opening: 1
- Location: Compton, California , United States
Purpose: Project Manager (PM) is responsible for managing all aspects of making a warehousing/distribution facility operational from the ground up. This involves bringing together various disciplines such as, Engineering, MHE vendors, supplies vendors, land lord, security, infrastructure, Information technology and others to produce a fully functional warehousing/distribution facility capable of impressing customers during tours.
Scope: The PM is responsible for the overall project success including accurate and timely completion, overall communications, detailed planning and task assignment.
What the PM is responsible for:
- Forming relationships with process owners from all Seldat departments.
- Familiarizing with internal processes:
- SLAs for inbound/outbound
- Inventory Accuracy
- Accounts Payable
- Information Technology, Systems and Reporting
- Seldat vendors for Equipment, Supplies and other MHE
- Familiarize with implementation needs as related to space, staffing, IT package, equipment and facility layout to ensure compliance with Seldat 3PL/Customer practice.
- Formulate a detailed project plan inclusive of all disciplines and estimate project duration using excel or other software that can be shared.
- Review Seldat resource availability and assign project “Kick-off” and “Go-Live” dates.
- Set up meetings (with relevant meeting frequency) to manage each project and hold task owners accountable for task accuracy and timing.
- Set expectations by forming steering committees and holding scheduled meetings to review progress and potential issues/changes.
- Set up accurate systemic reporting, which is critical to facility oversight and management at executive level and must be part of a successful hand-off.
- This includes any high level and tactical reporting
- Ensure to conduct UATs and where applicable FATs and VATs prior to “Go-Live”.
- Ensure facility is properly staffed and key individuals are trained to be super-users.
- Post Go-Live the PM will participate in each operation to ensure staff is executing the process as agreed. This includes:
- Being on all e-mails
- Reviewing Operational Reports
- Providing feedback to operations regarding SOP compliance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Greater than 4 years with hands-on warehousing, transportation or any combination of the two.
- College degree or higher
- Project Management
- Analyzing and Reporting on relevant Data
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Proactive communication skills including verbal and written
- Multi-Tasking is a must
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including
- English and Spanish speaking preferred, but not required