Showing Jobs 1 - 1 of 1
Payroll Clerk/Office Support
- Date: 03-27-2019
- Job ID: 983660
- Current Opening: 1
- Location: Perth Amboy, New Jersey , United States
Payroll Clerk Responsibilities:
- Verify timekeeping records and consult employees about any discrepancies
- Record payroll data in our software system and verify all amounts prior to cutting checks
- Alter employee tax status as needed as well as any information about withholding.
- Prepare manual checks for distribution to employees.
- Initiate direct deposits.
- Change employee banking records when necessary to process payments accurately.
- Record employee complaints, questions and concerns about payroll services and communicate those issues to HR Manager.
- Maintain compliant policies and procedures for processing payroll checks
Qualifications and skills:
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Minimum one year payroll department experience
- Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with payroll software a plus.
- Strong attention to detail required.