Drayage Dispatcher - Compton, CA
- Date: 04-24-2019
- Job ID: 8729519
- Current Opening: 1
- Location: Compton, California , United States
The drayage dispatcher role requires an organized taskmaster and problem-solver that can efficiently communicate with customers, serve their needs, execute on-time pick-up and delivery, and quickly resolve service challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in Dispatching (port, refer, dry van, intermodal)
- Compiles list of available vehicles
- Assigns vehicles according to factors such as length and purpose of trip, freight or passenger requirements, and preference of user.
- Issues keys, record sheets, and credentials to drivers.
- Record of time departure, destination, cargo and expected time of return.
- Planning and executing a well throughout dispatch
- Experience of container operations
- Experience of commercial driver HOS limits
- Proactively and aggressively communicating any exceptions
- The ability to work with independent contractors and company drivers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor / Manager
Minimum Position Requirements:
- At least 2 years of container drayage, dispatch experience.
- Truck Transportation dispatcher experience.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office and dispatch systems, such as Profit Tools.
- Ability to manage stress and deal with customers and drivers in a polite and professional manner.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, take initiative and achieve results.
- Knowledge of FMCSA safety regulations and HOS limitations.
- Good customer service skills